Christmas Tree Brownies…..on a video post. In fact the first video post I’ve ever done!!Jump to Recipe
I have decided that I must move with the times. and although my face, and its wrinkles, is sadly, most definitely moving with some kind of aging time, I need to make my recipes and pictures move to make them more accessible. I thought these Christmas Tree Brownies would be a good start.
Now, my kitchen isn’t big, or well lit, so it’s been a bit of a struggle. There have been piles of boxes propping up phones, tea-towels hung over light bulbs and double chins – yes! Because I couldn’t get enough boxes for the straight on camera I ended with a rather unsightly double chin. But lessons have been learnt, another tripod has been ordered, lighting is being researched and next time will be better!
Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel, because there will be more video recipes and cake decorating hints and tips in the future – hopefully with fewer chins.
So onto the actual recipe – Christmas Tree Brownies. At this time of year there is so much going on, it’s best to have a quick and easy recipe up your sleeve. And this one is it!
This Brownie recipe is an all time favourite. It was a best seller when we had the Tea-Room. I’ve probably made more of these Brownies than I’ve had hot dinners. And with this quick decorating idea, its easy to give them a festive Christmas Tree twist.
For a Brownie with a difference, why not top them with fudge, with my Fudge Topped Chocolate Brownies.
Christmas Tree Brownies
- 150 gms Dark Chocolate
- 130 gms Butter and Baking Spread
- 220 gms Caster Sugar
- 130 gms Plain Flour
- 0.5 tspn Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 150-200 gms Buttercream or frosting coloured dark green
- Sprinkles and Sweets to Decorate
- Grease and line an 8″ Round Tin
- Pre-heat your oven to 160-170c Fan, 180c, Gas Mark 3
- Break the chocolate into a large bowl and add the baking spread
- In the microwave melt the chocolate and baking spread together in 20 seconds bursts (so the chocolate doesn’t burn)
- When the chocolate and baking butter is melted, stir until well combined
- Add the caster sugar and mix through
- Next add the flour and baking powder and stit until well mixed
- Lastly, add the eggs and mix thoroughly
- Pour into the tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. If you like your Brownies more gooey reduce the baking time by 5 minutes
- Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool fully in the tin
- When cool, turn out and remove the baking parchment
- Cut into 6 or 8 wedges
- Pipe or smooth the green buttercream onto each wedge and use the sprinkles and sweets to decorate as Christmas Trees
If you enjoyed this, you may also enjoy my recipe and Video on Yule Log